2006 Top Gun Program
& NWA State Championship Program
The Top Gun Awards are designed to recognize the top teams throughout the 2006 season based upon the total number of points at the end of the year.
You must be a NWA member to qualify for the Top Gun Program, NWA State Championship and any post season qualifying events
The Top Gun program will be structured in the following way:
1) TEAMS: Are made up of 2 NWA members who will be fishing the NWA tournaments.
2) FORMAT: There will be 6 qualifying tournaments. (Lake McConaughy Tournament - each day is considered a separate tournament in one event)
A) A Top Gun team must fish in at least 4 qualifying tournaments to be eligible for the Top Gun Awards.
B) Each Top Gun team’s best 4 out of 6 finishes in the qualifying tournaments will be used in calculating season point totals that apply the Top Gun Awards.
3) POINTS: Are accumulated at each qualifying tournament with 110 points awarded for first place, 105 for second, 103 for third, 101 for fourth, 100 for fifth, 99 for sixth, 98 for seventh, etc.
A) Points are awarded to each team based on their finish in reference to the entire tournament field. In the event a team fails to weigh a fish in a qualifying tournament, they will be awarded 15 points for participating in the tournament.
4) SUBSTITUTIONS IN QUALIFYING TOURNAMENTS:
Top Gun teams fishing for season points will be allowed 2 substitutions per season in qualifying tournaments. Only 1 tournament that had a substitution will count towards the Top Gun Program and NWA State Championship.
5) TOP GUN AWARDS: The top point teams will receive a cash award based on points of their best 4 out of 6 finishes in the qualifying tournaments. Number of awards to be determined by Tournament Committee.
7) Nebraska Walleye Association State Championship
A) The Top 40 teams - based upon the total points of the 4 best of the 6 qualifying tournaments will be invited to fish in the 2006 NWA Championship. No entry fee will be required to fish in the NWA State Championship if you are one of the top 40-point teams. There will be $50 cover charge - $10 for the Big Fish Pot and $40 to be added to the Calcutta payout pot for the championship.
B) Teams that did not finish in the Top 40 of the Top Gun Program will be able to get into the NWA Championship by paying a entry fee based upon the number qualifying tournaments they fished in the circuit.
8) Cabela’s National Team Championship requirements. At this time we do not know what the exact qualification requirements will be for the 2007 Cabelas National Team Championship. Our goal is to provide the best opportunity for our membership to qualify for this event. As more details are available we will pass this information on to our members.
Ranger Cup Program
For owners of Ranger Boats there will be a separate program sponsored by Ranger Boats. There will be $200 available for the highest place finisher of each tournament and championship.
For More Information:
Jerry Steinke 308-284-4487
Tim Starostka 402-564-1801
Rob Hadan 308-263-2026